The trend of green tea everything is not even nearly over. So I decided to dabble in the kitchen and come up with a mouthwatering spin on a classic breakfast food that everyone loves, pancakes.
What is Matcha? It’s a fancy word for powered green tea leaves. Powdered matcha is the equivalent to ten cups of traditionally brewed green tea. High in antioxidants, matcha has been my coffee alternative as of recently and it’s safe to say I’m obsessed with it, mainly cause it’s green and green is healthy, right? These matcha pancakes were insanely easy to make, and the perfect to impress anyone sharing your bed in the morning, even your pet, just hold the chocolate chips. Here’s my fool-proof recipe if you want to try for yourself, make sure to tag me on Instagram (@miserpreda) with your breakfast creations.
Serves 2 people:
– 1 cup pancake mix (I use Pamela’s Gluten Free Pancake & Baking Mix. I don’t have time to mess around with flour and baking soda & neither do you, this stuff is amazing btw).
– 1 egg or 1/4 cup of egg alternative
– 3/4 cup water
– 1/4 cup oil (I use coconut or vegetable oil)
– 2 tablespoons pure powdered Matcha (You can order this stuff off Amazon, its super strong and a little goes a long way).
– 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (or whatever you prefer)
Mix all ingredients together until smooth, spray griddle or pan with oil and ladle 4-6 equal circles on medium heat. Cook 2-4 minutes on each side. Serve with fresh berries and maple syrup.
Hope you guys enjoyed this cute this food post, let me know in the comments below if you want to see more food related content included in the future!